The Inscopix Community is growing! Our customers span the globe and are using our technology to revolutionize the understanding of the brain. We need your help supporting their research and accelerating their discoveries. As an Applications Support Scientist, you will work closely with our Field Scientific Consultants and teams at Inscopix Headquarters with the goal of increasing customer success with our products and services. Come join us!
- Record, manage, troubleshoot and resolve customer complaints on technical (biology, hardware, software) and quality issues in a timely manner
- Help identify and improve areas in the customer success journey that are critical for the growth of Inscopix’s business
- Support new product launches by working closely with the Development, Operations and Marketing teams
- Train customers, sales and Field Scientific Consultants on existing and new products
- Generate customer training materials and design training modules on the learning portal
- Provide customer feedback and help drive continuous product improvement
- Participate in team tasks, including, but not limited to, complaint analysis, customer surveys, Voice of Customer reports etc.
- Update customer records in CRM database
- Document, update and improve customer support SOPs and processes
- Work with the operations team to ensure customer orders are placed and shipped as necessary
- Provide customers quotes for consumables purchase if needed
- PhD in neuroscience or related field in Biological Sciences
- 2+ years of experience supporting customers in a commercial environment
- Experience with in vivo calcium imaging (1P or 2P), fiber photometry, in vivo electrophysiology and/or optogenetics
- Proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills with a passion for using scientific rigor and applied scientific skills to help customers adopt new technology
- Prior experience conducting customer training workshops, webinars and implementing Learning Management Systems is a plus
- Familiarity with SFDC software. Ability to maintain records for customer sites and provide high level feedback to management
- Team spirit, positive attitude, strong work ethic with the ability to work productively within a dynamic start-up environment is a must
- Outstanding customer advocacy, listening, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage escalated customers and related projects is necessary
- Demonstrated ability to introduce new customer support initiatives and projects is a bonus
- The position is based in Palo Alto, however, ability to travel domestically and internationally ~ 10% is needed
How to Apply:
Please forward cover letter and resume
Decoding the neural language of the brain is the defining scientific challenge and opportunity of the 21st Century. Inscopix is a discovery phase neurotechnology company based in Palo Alto developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, physics, engineering, software development, and data science and is enabling radically new approaches to understanding the brain in health and disease. Inscopix’s neurotechnologies and the knowledge that they foster will transform human existence, from alleviating the suffering caused by debilitating brain disorders, to the development of advanced artificial intelligence, to a more profound understanding of what makes us the dominant species on Planet Earth. nVista and nVoke, our flagship products, are in use today at over 350 research institutions across the world, and have resulted in over 65 top-tier scientific publications on learning, memory, cognition, and on the brain circuits implicated in diseases such as Parkinson’s. Our instrumentation products are accompanied with sophisticated data analysis software as part of end-to-end solutions for generating and analyzing brain activity data. Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal employment opportunity employer.